Denver Must Dos of Summer
Colorado may be known for its majestic snow-capped mountains and picturesque ski days, but summer in Denver is something special as well. Perfect heat, low humidity, Rocky Mountain views, and a host of fun activities in Colorado’s capital city make it the perfect place to spend the season. Here are 10 of the must-do activities in Denver this summer:
- Chalk Festival: The Denver Chalk Festival, held on June 6 and 7 at Larimer Square, features some of the city’s (and country’s!) best chalk artists. Stroll by stunning chalk displays that range from poignant to hilarious, picturesque to comic-worthy. Then grab a bite and have a brew at some of Denver’s best restaurants right around the block.
- Boulder Pearl Street: Get out of the city and walk through the state’s best pedestrian mall, which is at its best during the summer months. A variety of arts shops, top-notch boutiques, and unbeatable food make Pearl Street a Colorado favorite.
- Rockies Game: Who doesn’t love baseball? Indulge in America’s pastime and catch our boys in purple at Coors Field! Don’t miss the annual fireworks games, held this year on Friday, July 10, 6:10 p.m. start time vs. Atlanta Braves in honor of 4th of July and again on Friday, September 25, 6:10 p.m. start vs. LA Dodgers.
- Civic Center Eats: Now through October 8, stop by every Tuesday and Thursday in Civic Center Park to enjoy the gourmet food truck gathering of the summer! Treat yourself to a new feast twice a week and experience the flavors of the city.
- Renaissance Festival: Every weekend this summer travel back in time to the Renaissance! Explore the Colorado Renaissance Festival, one of the country’s best festivals. Dress in costume and enjoy tasty treats, Medieval games, plays, sights, and wares!
- Water World: America’s biggest, America’s best! Denver’s famous waterpark has rides galore. Don’t miss Journey to the Center of the Earth, the park’s most famous dinosaur-themed tube ride! Also be sure to check out the wave pool, lazy river, and incredible waterslides.
- Butterfly Pavilion: Fun for the whole family! Kids and adults love learning about bugs of all shapes and sizes and walking through the incredible butterfly room. Located 20 minutes north of Denver, the Butterfly Pavilion is celebrating its 20th year and now is home to more than 5,000 animals!
- Confluence Kayaks: Make sure to enjoy the outdoors this summer! Located at the whitewater chutes at Confluence Park in Denver, Confluence Kayaks rents and sells all you need to explore outside including bikes, kayaks, and tubes.
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival: July 3-5 is the annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival! Celebrate the festival’s 25th View and purchase great local art, and enjoy the scenic Cherry Creek neighborhood.
- Red Rocks: Colorado’s most famous venue is hosting all types of great events this year: concerts, yoga, exercise classes and more. Check out the awesome roster of events this summer!
Get out there and enjoy Denver this summer!
How to Use this Information
If you have any questions about your cardiovascular health, talk to the experts at South Denver Cardiology. Call 303-744-1065, or visit our website and schedule an appointment!
- Resolutions to Prepare for Heart Health Month - January 19, 2022
- Holiday Drinking with a Heart Condition: What You Need to Know - December 28, 2021
- Holiday Foods That Increase the Risk of Heart Palpitations - December 20, 2021
As with any health concerns, your specific treatment program should be discussed thoroughly with your primary care physician as well as any specialists who may need to be consulted – like a cardiologist.Sign Up