As the premier leader in cardiovascular care, South Denver Heart Center receives many career inquiries. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event there is a potential match. Please note, based on a new Centura Health mandate, we will no longer be able to hire applicants who use tobacco products in any way.
Please send your resume to Human Resources and include the position you are applying for in your cover letter and on the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the South Denver Heart Center and we look forward to hearing from you.
South Denver Heart Center team members enjoy a wide variety of company benefits:
Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
PLT (Personal Leave Time)
Use of Gym/Yoga Studio/and any class offered at South Denver Heart Center
Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
Respects patient confidentiality and privacy by maintaining the security of all patient communications, per current HIPAA regulations.
Identifies patient service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual patients.
Responsible for triaging patients, by phone or in person. The nurse appropriately incorporates the use of established protocols, available information, the nursing process, critical thinking, prioritizing, and delegation to resolve patient issues.
Ensures correct prescription by communication with the physician and the pharmacies regarding new prescriptions, medication changes or refills.
Will educate patients on their medical conditions, symptoms that may indicate a worsening problem, and the possible effects or adverse reactions that may occur with medications.
Review of diagnostic test results with physicians. Differentiates normal results from abnormal results and obtain recommendations from the physicians. Informs patients of results and recommendations.
Routinely see patients in the clinic for blood pressure management, medication titration, arrhythmia management, and congestive heart failure exacerbations.
Will assist in the management of Warfarin patients per protocol.
Documents patient care activities using EHR.
Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of procedures, and answering questions.
Assists the diagnostic team in administering pharmacological agents for diagnostic testing. Provides routine and emergent care as directed.
Is an active member of the code blue team. Responsibilities include BLS/ACLS protocols.
Acts as a resource for the medical assistants and non-clinical staff.
Provides routine and emergent care as directed per protocol.
Complies with federal, state, local, and professional requirements and advises management of needed actions.
Maintains a safe, clean working environment.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infectious control policies and protocols.
Responsible for patient account balances being paid timely and remaining current under general supervision
Performs collection activities such as monitoring delinquent accounts, contacting patients for account payment and address verification, answering routine account inquiries while entering notes kept inpatient billing file
Review patient payment postings for accuracy to ensure account balances are current. Process patient payments and refunds as needed
Works with co-workers to resolve insurance/billing errors vs patient balances
Recommends accounts for collection or write-off
Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines regarding patient records
Performs other duties as requested or assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
Medical billing/collections experience preferred. A plus if familiar with health insurance plans, Medicare, Medicaid and Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s)
Proficient computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Office) and experience utilizing common office resources (phone, fax, copier, and email). Internet usage for researching hospital systems and medical insurance plans
Excellent customer service skills in order to speak clearly and professionally with patients and staff
Ability to work within deadlines, meet goals, and work independently with minimal supervision
Background check required (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp, and drug test)
Health Information Professional – Medical Records (Full Time)
• Must maintain patient confidentiality and privacy per current HIPAA regulations
• Ability to read and decipher various types of medical reports to ensure the proper reports get scanned, electronically filed/dated, and tasked to the appropriate MD within EMR as necessary
• Ability to fluidly navigate through our Allscripts scheduling system, as well as our Allscripts EMR system and EMR scanning system
• Responsible for preparing patient office charts for all types of scheduled office visits
• Have the ability to break down and scan paper charts into EMR
• Will assist in interacting with patients and outside entities requesting medical records and as such, completing medical records requests as necessary
• Assist with any additional duties requested by the Medical Records Supervisor
Qualification / Education:
• Ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Requires excellent knowledge and high usage of computers and medically-based computer applications
• Must maintain a friendly and professional demeanor both within the office and on the telephone
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others while having excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• Must have flexibility, promptness, and a desire to be a team player
• Previous Medical Records experience preferred
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
• Position requires a drug test and background check (includes credit, justice, worker’s comp)
• The position is full-time Monday through Friday 8:30 am—5:00 pm
• Position receives direction from the Medical Records Supervisor